Hello customers, fans, and friends of Standard Razors! It has been a while since our last update, so we wanted to say hi and let you know what's going on with Standard Razors. While it may not appear so from the outside, we are busy behind the scenes working on some new products which we hope to launch later this year. If you're not subscribed to our newsletter - make sure you sign up here so you get all of our announcements first. Now, onto the news that we can share:
- We have made some revisions to our website - including an updated homepage, a new frequently asked questions (FAQ) page located here, and some updated product imagery. All of these updates were performed with the hope of providing a better experience for you, our customers, so if you have any comments or suggestions for how we can further improve - please let us know! We'll be making further adjustments and refinements as time goes on, but we are open to your feedback.
- If you have purchased one of our Standard Razors we recommend you glue the screw into the top cap. Just a small amount of glue should work, but this will prevent the screw from unthreading from the top cap and potentially being lost. If you purchased your razor from StandardRazors.com in 2017,this won't apply, as we have glued all the screws into the top cap since the beginning of this year. Again, if you have any questions, please reach out!
- We have heard from some customers that their screw has been in their handle for years and has worked flawlessly this way. If that's your situation - then there's no need to change - just be careful when you screw the top cap in as it's not as strong as the handle and you risk damaging your razor!
That's all for now - but as always, thanks so much for your support!
Happy New Year from the team at Standard Razors! Wow, what an amazing 2016 we've had! We appreciate all our fans, customers, and supporters - it's all of you who keep us going and pushing forward to achieve more. We think 2017 is going to be a very exciting year!
A summary of changes going into effect today (1/1/2017):
We have a lot more we are working on behind the scenes and we will update everyone as soon as we can - but 2017 should be the most exciting year since Standard Razors opened for business! Thanks again for all of your support and we hope everyone has an amazing year.
Click below to find the current pricing and availability for your favorite option:
This is a big day for us. Based on the emails, website inquiries, and social media requests, we know that you have all been eagerly waiting for us to restock our Standard Bases - the only stands that are designed to work with Standard Razors. We are pleased to announce that as of today we are back in stock with stands in all three of our colors - black, raw, and gunmetal!
At Standard Razors we believe in being transparent, and part of that transparency means letting you know when issues come up. Unfortunately, due to some manufacturing issues, the stands in our most recent production run didn't turn out as awesome as we would like. While overall it's nothing major, we aren't 100% satisfied with the quality of the finished product.
We believe in only producing and shipping the highest quality products, and unfortunately the stands we currently have available don't meet those requirements. We have debated for a long time on what to do about these stands and we think we have come up with a good solution for everybody:
Here is what you can expect from one of the stands we currently have in stock:
Click below to find the current pricing on your favorite option:
Thank you for reading, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, comments, or concerns- Standard Razors
Hello Loyal Fans!
The day you have been waiting for - we are back in stock with our Black and Raw Standard Razors!
It is our commitment at Standard Razors to only ship the highest quality products, and it's for that reason that we don't currently have any stands to ship. Once they are perfect we will let you know through our blog, newsletter, and social media. Thanks again for your loyalty and continued support!
I know it has been a little while - and based on the inquiries and feedback we've been receiving, you're all hungry for more razors. So here's all the information we can share right now:
- We have an order currently in the late stages of production and will be back in stock soon with black, raw, AND gunmetal razors and bases!
- Once we have a firm "back in stock" date, we'll announce it to our newsletter subscribers as well as on our social media, so make sure you're connected with us if you want to be one of the first to hear! For all of the ways you can connect with us just go here.
- We are working on a small website redesign, so you may notice changes to pictures, pages, content, etc. We welcome all feedback - just drop us a note here.
That's all for now - thanks for your loyalty, and happy shaving!
The N.Y. Shaving Co. and Bespoke Post collaborated on a video together, which features our signature Standard Razors Black Model.
The video is titled "How (and Why) to Use a Safety Razor" and it's a relatively short (but sweet) video that is true to its title.
Now, a lot of you are experienced Safety Razor users, but the video is well-made and shows our product in action, so you may just fall in love with it. Plus, it's short, which should leave you more time for shaving.
There are quite a number of you who are new to this type of shaving though, so here's a quick review from one of our newest users, Raul Espinoza Jr. (@RaulEspinozaJr on Twitter):
"Awesome razor. First time using a DE so I'm learning slowly. Razor is flawless and very sleek."
Guess you can fit a good review in 140 characters or less.
Here's the video we mentioned:
Here's the direct link in case you can't see it above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GA7jHhNmiw